Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to force cell input from a List?

On Sheet1, Column B, a name must be entered. I don't want folks typing the
name, though, because spelling is important.
Thus, on Sheet2 I have created a List with the names they can choose from.
How do I make Columb B in Sheet1 use a drop-down for all of it's Cells, and
ONLY accept input from that drop-down list?

Thanks much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Highlight your list of names

Go to Insert - Name - Define...

Give it an easy to use name, say, Names

Go to your sheet1 cells

Data - Validation - choose "list" from the drop-down

Type =Names

Ta Da!

"NightLord" wrote:

On Sheet1, Column B, a name must be entered. I don't want folks typing the
name, though, because spelling is important.
Thus, on Sheet2 I have created a List with the names they can choose from.
How do I make Columb B in Sheet1 use a drop-down for all of it's Cells, and
ONLY accept input from that drop-down list?

Thanks much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you tell me why I bothered to answer the same question in a post in
another news group?

I guess because you asked to me to help you with the problem.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP