Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hide repeating row 1

i have a three page worksheet. I only need row 1 repeating on the first two
pages. Is there a way to hide row 1 on the 3rd page?
--
peterb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For when you print?

If yes, then you could use a macro that prints page 1 and 2 the way you like.
Then removes the rows to repeat at top and prints page 3.

You could even record a macro while you do it manually to get you started.

peterb wrote:

i have a three page worksheet. I only need row 1 repeating on the first two
pages. Is there a way to hide row 1 on the 3rd page?
--
peterb

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So did your recorded macro work ok?

peterb wrote:

Yes, when I print.
--
peterb

peterb wrote:

i have a three page worksheet. I only need row 1 repeating on the first two
pages. Is there a way to hide row 1 on the 3rd page?
--
peterb

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub Some_Titles()
Dim TotPages As Long
TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT(50)")
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.PrintTitleRows = "$1:$1"
ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=1, To:=2
.PrintTitleRows = ""
ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=3, To:=TotPages
End With
End Sub

Thanks to Ron de Bruin for the nuts and bolts.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:13:11 -0700, peterb
wrote:

Yes, when I print.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is the macro? And where am I entering this?
--
peterb

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sub Some_Titles()
Dim TotPages As Long
TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT(50)")
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.PrintTitleRows = "$1:$1"
ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=1, To:=2
.PrintTitleRows = ""
ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=3, To:=TotPages
End With
End Sub

Thanks to Ron de Bruin for the nuts and bolts.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:13:11 -0700, peterb
wrote:

Yes, when I print.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for
more on "getting started".

or Ron de De Bruin's site on where to store macros.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run or edit the macro by going to ToolMacroMacros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord