Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Referencing worksheet names from a list??

Hi

On one of my worksheets, I have a vertical list of all the worksheet
names that are in the xls file.

Next to each worksheet name in the list, I am trying to create a
formula that references the worksheet name and returns a particular
cell value within that worksheet.

I have been tinkering with the INDIRECT function but can't seem to
string it all together.

Any clues on how to do this?

Cheers

Bull

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

A1 = Sheet Name

=INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!B27")

Which evaluates to:

='Sheet Name'!B27

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ace70" wrote in message
Hi

On one of my worksheets, I have a vertical list of all the worksheet
names that are in the xls file.

Next to each worksheet name in the list, I am trying to create a
formula that references the worksheet name and returns a particular
cell value within that worksheet.

I have been tinkering with the INDIRECT function but can't seem to
string it all together.

Any clues on how to do this?

Cheers

Bull