Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy/Paste Question

In Excel 2007, I have several worksheets within the same workbook that all
have the same format. I have a summary worksheet in the same workbook that
takes some values from each worksheet. I am taking values from the same
cells of each worksheet and placing them in my summary worksheet The summary
worksheet has a summary of worksheet b in cells A3:N6, a summary of worksheet
c in cells A7:N10, etc.). When I add a new tab, is it possible to copy the
format and values from one of my current "summary rectangles" and paste it so
that the new "summary rectangle" has references to the same cell numbers but
a different tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sure thing.. First, make sure your summary rectangle has $A$3:$N$6. this will
keep the values from changing when you copy over. Then, highlight the
rectangle, Edit - Find: old sheet name - Replace with: new sheet name.

Make sense?

"DoubleZ" wrote:

In Excel 2007, I have several worksheets within the same workbook that all
have the same format. I have a summary worksheet in the same workbook that
takes some values from each worksheet. I am taking values from the same
cells of each worksheet and placing them in my summary worksheet The summary
worksheet has a summary of worksheet b in cells A3:N6, a summary of worksheet
c in cells A7:N10, etc.). When I add a new tab, is it possible to copy the
format and values from one of my current "summary rectangles" and paste it so
that the new "summary rectangle" has references to the same cell numbers but
a different tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sean,

Yes, it makes complete sense. And it worked! Thank you for your help. I
never knew about the replace option. What a helpful tool.

Thanks again.