Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Comparing two columns of text values

I want to compare a current working grade against a target and show if it is
below, on, or above target.
I have a vlookup table for the current grade but i need to compare this
against the target grade and then show the progress. I would like to give the
target grade a value but i am unsure if this is possible?

Score 1 Score 2 Score 3 Total CURRENT TARGET Progress
7 8 10 8.3333 B A Below

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!
--
REGARDS,

A. MYATT
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this

=IF(CODE(UPPER(E1))CODE(UPPER(F1)),"Below",IF(COD E(UPPER(E1))=CODE(UPPER(F1)),"On Target","Above"))

Mike