Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Microsoft Query in Excel

Hi, hope this is the right forum to post this.

i need to bring in data from some data that is held within queries in an
Access database file.

There will be about six lots of data,. In Excel i have set up the first
one using New Database Query. the data has come in OK.

The database and the Excel worksheet are held in the same folder on our
network drive designated drive F.

However if i move the database and Excel worksheet to my local drive C: and
run it, I get an error that the data cannot update. If I edit the query, i
can see that it is looking for the data on my drive F. I have changed this
to drive C, but when i run I still get the sdame error message.

Is there a way to set this up so that it can be moved between my local drive
and our network easily, without having to rrecreate the Excel queries every
time?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does that not mean that I will have the data in the worksheet twice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yeah, it would replicate your data and you would have to use another
worksheet for the local version of your query.

Why are you moving the database to your C drive in the first place, is it a
performance issue? Just curious...

--
Kevin Backmann

"Alexey" wrote:

Does that not mean that I will have the data in the worksheet twice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Its purely a development issue. I am having to develop the system using a
live Excel worksheet. So have taken a copy of database and sheet, i then
do work on it, and copy it back to the network so that users can use it. I
then have to keep changing the query definitions so that the users can use
the data during the day.

Once development is finished, wont be an issue, but its quite a long
process. then i got to wondering why, if I changed the query connection
using the Edit function, the worksheet would not connect to the network
version of the database, unless i recreated all of the queries.