Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If function for decades 1900, <1910

Hi,

This is not working.

The 1900 sames from (1900) which I've perfored a LEFT and RIGHT (or
MID) function on.

However it is not displaying the values whether the value is TRUE or
FALSE?

Help please

B1 is =LEFT(A1, 4)

Presuming A1 had "1904)" in the cell.

=If(B11900,B1, "")

This is a simpler version, but its not working. The cell returns
nothing. If I change it to e..g 1899, it still appears nothing. Even
changing cell B! to a value, cells are still blank.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=If(YEAR(A1)1900,YEAR(A1), "")

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Simon" wrote in message

This is not working.

The 1900 sames from (1900) which I've perfored a LEFT and RIGHT (or
MID) function on.

However it is not displaying the values whether the value is TRUE or
FALSE?

Help please

B1 is =LEFT(A1, 4)

Presuming A1 had "1904)" in the cell.

=If(B11900,B1, "")

This is a simpler version, but its not working. The cell returns
nothing. If I change it to e..g 1899, it still appears nothing. Even
changing cell B! to a value, cells are still blank.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this (because you ha a string in B1):
=If(B1"1900",B1, "")

Regards,
Stefi

€žSimon€ť ezt Ă*rta: