Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I wan to select a button

I am making a survey for my 8th grade history class. I need to ask a bunch
of questions that will have 5 answers. I want to have them pick one answer
and have it stay picked unless they change their mind. I want their choices
to remain as they progress down through the survey to the rest of the
questions. I can make a option boxes but, when I pick a new question it
moves the dot to that box. How do I keep it picked and have the next
questions get the dots they need?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're creating a survey form, you may want to look at Debra Dalgleish's
site:
http://contextures.com/xlForm01.html

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll need to assign each set of option buttons a "Group Name".

- Right-Click on your first Option Button
- Select "Properties"
- Once the Properties Window is open, select the other four buttons for that
Group (hold down CTRL and click).
In the Properties Box, find the Field titled "GroupName"
Type in a name, such as Group1
Select your next 5 option buttons (unselecting the first 5)
Assign them a name, such as Group2
etc.....

HTH
Elkar

"Happy" wrote:

I am making a survey for my 8th grade history class. I need to ask a bunch
of questions that will have 5 answers. I want to have them pick one answer
and have it stay picked unless they change their mind. I want their choices
to remain as they progress down through the survey to the rest of the
questions. I can make a option boxes but, when I pick a new question it
moves the dot to that box. How do I keep it picked and have the next
questions get the dots they need?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ps.

If you use optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar, put a groupbox (also on that
same toolbar) around the optionbuttons.

And then rightclick on an optionbutton on that group, choose Format
Control|control tab. Then assign the linked cell.

If you use optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar, rightclick on each
of the members of the group, choose properties, and give that group a unique
groupname.

You can assign the Linkedcell on that properties window.