Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy and paste

I am trying to copy data from one cell from worksheet 1 and paste it in
multiple joining cells in worksheet 2. I get the error message "Data on the
clipboard is not the same size or shape as the selected area."
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you trying to copy into a range where cells have been merged? Excel
won't let you, but you could put a formula like this in the destination
cell:

=Sheet1!A1

(assuming the source cell is A1 in Sheet1), and then you can use copy and
paste special values on that merged cell.

However, merged cells create a lot of problems, so they are best avoided if
possible.

Hope this helps.

Pete