Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default numerical columns

When I open Excel, my column labels are numerical instead of alphabetical and
I can't figure out how to change them back. Every work sheet that I open is
the same. I am using Office 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptionsGeneral tab, uncheck R1C1 reference style

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Billie" wrote in message ...
| When I open Excel, my column labels are numerical instead of alphabetical and
| I can't figure out how to change them back. Every work sheet that I open is
| the same. I am using Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on Tools | Options | General tab, then uncheck R1C1 Reference
style.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 23, 3:57*pm, Billie wrote:
When I open Excel, my column labels are numerical instead of alphabetical and
I can't figure out how to change them back. *Every work sheet that I open is
the same. I am using Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your quick reply. It worked!

"Billie" wrote in message ...
| When I open Excel, my column labels are numerical instead of alphabetical and
| I can't figure out how to change them back. Every work sheet that I open is
| the same. I am using Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your quick reply. It worked!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Billie

toolsoptionsgeneraluntick R1C1 reference style

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Billie" wrote in message
When I open Excel, my column labels are numerical instead of alphabetical
and
I can't figure out how to change them back. Every work sheet that I open
is
the same. I am using Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the feedback, Billie - always appreciated.

Pete

On Sep 23, 3:57 pm, Billie wrote:
When I open Excel, my column labels are numerical instead of alphabetical and
I can't figure out how to change them back. *Every work sheet that I open is
the same. I am using Office 2003.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A futher idea on this question: Can these Columns be edited to display a
desired text?

"Billie" wrote in message ...
| When I open Excel, my column labels are numerical instead of alphabetical and
| I can't figure out how to change them back. Every work sheet that I open is
| the same. I am using Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No. But you can Hide them and use Row 1 for your text