Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CC CC is offline

Default Excel F2

I'm working in Excel and my F2 button is not working. Not sure if I
accidently hit a button to turn this function off. But how can I correct?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

F2 is your EDIT command key and pressing this key places the pointer inside
the currently active cell.

What exactly do you mean by not working.
--
Kevin Backmann

"CC" wrote:

I'm working in Excel and my F2 button is not working. Not sure if I
accidently hit a button to turn this function off. But how can I correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any other Fn keys not working?

Do you have an F-lock key you might have toggled?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:42:02 -0700, CC wrote:

I'm working in Excel and my F2 button is not working. Not sure if I
accidently hit a button to turn this function off. But how can I correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CC CC is offline

When I hit F2 the pointer is not placed in the active cell. I have to
physically click my mouse in the cell to edit.

"CC" wrote:

I'm working in Excel and my F2 button is not working. Not sure if I
accidently hit a button to turn this function off. But how can I correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CC CC is offline

I pulled my laptop out of the docking station and the F2 button works. So it
appears its something with my keyboard. I do not see a toggle button for my
function keys. I have a Dell keyboard. I'm trying to find support on their
web site. All my other Function buttons appear to be working. But now my
dash button doesn't work.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Many keyboards have dual-use function keys. In one mode, you get the normal
action of the key. In the other mode, the F keys map to other functions. On
my keyboard (Microsoft 4000 Natural), F2 maps to Undo. You should have a key
(probably to the right of the F12 key) that toggles the function keys
between the two modes, and there may be an LED indicator light that
indicates when the F keys are in normal order. See if you have such a button
to the right of the F12 key. If you do, press it, and your function keys
should return to normal behavior.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson