Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default workbook calculations

I have a bunch of calculations in my workbook and every time i make a change
to a static number that has nothing to do with the calculations the whole
workbook has to recalculate. Is their a way to not have my workbook
recalculate when I change these static cells?
I can not turn off autocalc as a solution either.

thanks,

Jase

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can mess with VB, make it so the cells are on a manual calculation but
automatically update only when certain criteria exist. Not sure if you want
to go to those lengths though.

the other answer is there is nothing you can do. The cells automatically
update every time you change a value in your workbook.