Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change the serial date to a dd/mm/yyyy format

Somehow a colleague has managed to change the way excel displays the date. It
is now showing as the serial format even though it is formatted as
dd/mm/yyyy. How do I get it to change back again?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

go to start | control panel | date,time,regional setting | change the
format of numbers, dates & times | customize | change the format as u
want | apply | ok | ok

On Sep 22, 12:41*pm, minkypuss
wrote:
Somehow a colleague has managed to change the way excel displays the date.. It
is now showing as the serial format even though it is formatted as
dd/mm/yyyy. How do I get it to change back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the quick response. This is only happening on one particular
spreadsheet and is not global so changing these settings will not help ( I
did check and they are correct). Any other ideas?

wrote:
Somehow a colleague has managed to change the way excel displays the date.. It
is now showing as the serial format even though it is formatted as
dd/mm/yyyy. How do I get it to change back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think he might used this one

=TEXT(A1,"ddmmyyyy")

wrote:
Somehow a colleague has managed to change the way excel displays the date.. It
is now showing as the serial format even though it is formatted as
dd/mm/yyyy. How do I get it to change back again?- Hide quoted text -