Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Looking for Present Value I Can Copy and Paste Safely

Let's say you have an investment that pays out once each year for N years.
The columns of the spreadsheet look like this:

Year Payment Present Value

I don't know in advance how many years I want to analyze and that could
easily change later. How can I construct the present value formula so
that it automatically adjusts the range being summed up to year 1 for the
number of periods and the payments? I'm trying to avoid having to manually
adjust each present value calculation to specify a different range of cells.

What would the formula look like that would allow me to easily copy and
paste the formula - without needing to tweak it by hand - to new years as
the analysis expands?

--
Will

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pl. look at
http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...FFICESOFT.html

Once you get the formula which refers to the years in Col B simpl copy it
down after filling years in Col B