Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I get so close, but in the end I can't seem to get the results I w

The formula below exists in Column K, and it triggers a flag entitled: "Non
Compliance-Notify Referral Source" if today's date is greater than the
deadline date posted in Column I.

If however a date is entered into column M (class start date column) the
flag will NEVER turn on, as beginning a class over-rides the need to advise
the referral source.

However, I'd like to get the flag to turn back on if the word "No" appears
in Column Q (indicating that a client did not complete their class and
notificatoin to the referral source needs to occur). Thus, the additional
logic I'd like to encorporate is to account for a client who began class
withing the appropriate date parameter (Column M), but did not complete
(indicated by the word "No" in column Q).

I get close, but can't seem to get it. The formula below works, however
encorporating any logic with regard to Column Q seems to throw everything
off! HELP, and thanks in advance, Dan

=IF(H4="","",IF(M4="",IF(TODAY()EDATE(I4,0),"Non Compliance-Notify Referral
Source",""),""))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(AND(H4<"",OR(AND(M4="",Q4<"No"),AND(M4<"",Q 4="No"))),IF(TODAY()EDATE(I4,0),"Non
Compliance-Notify Referral Source",""),"")

BTW, why do you use EDATE, why notjust TODAY()I4?

--
HTH

Bob

"Dan the Man" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I get so close, but in the end I can't seem to get the results

Thanks Bob, that did the trick. Good point about using Today()I4, versus
EDATE. Appreciate the extra tip. I didn't think about that. Makes sense. Dan