Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Finding a Value

This seems to be an easy Excel issue, but I can't find a way to do it. I
want to determine if a value in column A appears anywhere in column B. If it
does, I want to return the column A value in column C. If it doesn't, I want
to return "OK". I am assuming there should be some nesting function in an IF
function, but I can't figure it out!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=IF(COUNTIF(B$1:B$100,A1),A1,"OK")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"SueK" wrote in message
This seems to be an easy Excel issue, but I can't find a way to do it. I
want to determine if a value in column A appears anywhere in column B. If
it
does, I want to return the column A value in column C. If it doesn't, I
want
to return "OK". I am assuming there should be some nesting function in an
IF
function, but I can't figure it out!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THANK YOU!! That did the trick!