Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default #NA error when doing a look up

I have the following formula that I am having a problem with.

=IF(R589=FALSE,G589,VLOOKUP(M589,Feature_Average,4 ,))

basically I am looking for a value in a cell if the cell is blank I look at
another column in the row to find a value.

using that value I go to another worksheet and get a value.

so in english,

A B C
1 Car 1 3 Red
2 Car 2
3 Car 3 Blue

in row one the formula above would return 3
in row two the forumal above would retrun #NA
in Row Three the formula above would retrun 6 (it is doing a look up in
another table)

the problem is in row 2 how do I look for a blank value in a table? I have
a row that is blank but for some reason the lookup does not find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

jeff

--
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

VLOOKUP considers the blank in cell R589 as having a value of 0, so to make
this work enter the value 0 in the first colum of the lookup table on the row
which now contains a blank.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire