Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default chart data label as hyperlink

is there a way to create data labels for xy scatter chart points that
are hyperlinks to a cell when you click on that data label?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can simulate this effect using chart events. Like the example here that
tells you which point was selected and what its values were, but instead of
showing a message box, you carry out the other action after the click.

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Laoballer" wrote in message
is there a way to create data labels for xy scatter chart points that
are hyperlinks to a cell when you click on that data label?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Laoballer" wrote in message

is there a way to create data labels forxyscatterchart points that
are hyperlinks to a cell when you click on that data label?

Thanks

Thanks for pointing me to the tutorial, I was able to use the mouse
move event to display some information into a shape box. However I'm
creating this excel chart from a form in ms access, how would I be
able to include the code for the mouse events in the excel file from
access? Ms Access automatically queries the data and then opens it in
an excel file then charts the data.

Thanks,