Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum function limits

I am trying to use the sum function key to add a long list of individual
subtotals (not created using the subtotal function).

Example
a1+a5+a13+a22

Is there a limit to the number of items I can sum?

This spreadsheet has over 15 years worth of data and a complete redo to work
in subtotals is prohibitive.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is there a limit to the number of items I can sum?

Using that method the limit would be the length of the formula which depends
on which version of Excel you're using.

Excel 2007 formula length limit = 8192 characters
All other versions of Excel = 1024 characters

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP