Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Run VBScript from Excel

I would like to have a user select a button on an Excel worksheet to run a
VBScript. Can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is that script external to excel or a VBA script? Please specify.

--
Rui

"Amy M" <Amy wrote in message
I would like to have a user select a button on an Excel worksheet to run a
VBScript. Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's an example that launches Calculator:

' Specifying 1 as the second argument opens the application in
' normal size and gives it the focus.
Dim RetVal
RetVal = Shell("C:\WINDOWS\CALC.EXE", 1) ' Run Calculator

--
Rui