Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy and Paste Help

I have a colum of serial no's and I want to segregate the prefix from the
last five digits. Each serial no. contains a three digit prefix followed by
a five number sequence, these numbers are not sequential in my spread sheet.

e.q.
A B C
1 ABC12345 ABC 12345
2 ABD12356
3 ABR12312

Is there anything I can do to automatically fill in the B and C columns
without having to invidually pull out. Is there a way to tell excell to look
at column A, input the first three digits into column B and the last five
digits into column C? Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try this one:
In B1 & C1 use the below functions and drag it to end of the data
=LEFT(A1,3)
=RIGHT(A1,5)

Regards
rajesh