Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to creat a check box

I want to creat check box for example I have bills to pay when the bill is
paid I want check a box next to it and I want the format to change on the
cell that has the dollar amount in it with a hatch mark or cross. Any pointers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
if you are paying bills, then i suspect that you will have a column of bills
and a check box for each might be a bit much to handle depending on how long
your column is.
suggestion. instead of a checkbox, format the column the checkbox would have
been in to font marlett and use the lower case A to put a check mark in the
cell.
and if you add a character to the money column, it might turn to text and
you wont be able to do math with it.
suggestion. use conditional formating to change the color of the text or cell.
assuming the money column is C and the check column is d....
the conditional format would be for c2
formula is........=d2="a"........pick your format.
the "a" would accually be an a formated to marlet check mark.
copy the conditional formating and paste special formats down the mony column

i think you might find this works a lot easier with much much less hassel.
my thoughts

Regards
FSt1