Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF and VLOOKUP

Not sure if I'm using the correct functions, but here is my formula:

=IF(VLOOKUP(E46,'SVC LVL'!A$1:D$29,4,FALSE)F46,"Yes","No")

E46 = Service Level
A4:D29 is the table of codes, Column A is the code, Column D is the
guaranteed number of days
F46 = Transit Days

The answer I am looking for: if F46 (Transit Days) is greater than the
corresponding number of days in the VLOOKUP, the answer should be No.
Otherwise, the answer should be Yes.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, I think you should change the A$1 in the formula to A$4, and the
to =, but then it should do what you want it to do.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 18, 3:14*pm, Teri wrote:
Not sure if I'm using the correct functions, but here is my formula:

=IF(VLOOKUP(E46,'SVC LVL'!A$1:D$29,4,FALSE)F46,"Yes","No")

E46 = Service Level
A4:D29 is the table of codes, Column A is the code, Column D is the
guaranteed number of days
F46 = Transit Days

The answer I am looking for: *if F46 (Transit Days) is greater than the
corresponding number of days in the VLOOKUP, the answer should be No. *
Otherwise, the answer should be Yes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Whoops! The codes are in A1:D49. The problem I'm getting is:

Example: 3D = 6

When I use my formula and a 3D shipment comes up with 6 days, it says No.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Teri

Apart from the fact that your formula says A1:D49 and you say the codes are
in A4:D49, it looks fine to me.
What problem are you getting?

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Teri" wrote in message
Not sure if I'm using the correct functions, but here is my formula:

=IF(VLOOKUP(E46,'SVC LVL'!A$1:D$29,4,FALSE)F46,"Yes","No")

E46 = Service Level
A4:D29 is the table of codes, Column A is the code, Column D is the
guaranteed number of days
F46 = Transit Days

The answer I am looking for: if F46 (Transit Days) is greater than the
corresponding number of days in the VLOOKUP, the answer should be No.
Otherwise, the answer should be Yes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, perhaps the 6 in your table is really just a text value rather
than an actual number. You could try this to see if it improves
things:

=IF(VLOOKUP(E46,'SVC LVL'!A$1:D$29,4,FALSE)+0=F46,"Yes","No")

The +0 converts a text number into a proper number.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Teri" wrote in message
Not sure if I'm using the correct functions, but here is my formula:

=IF(VLOOKUP(E46,'SVC LVL'!A$1:D$29,4,FALSE)F46,"Yes","No")

E46 = Service Level
A4:D29 is the table of codes, Column A is the code, Column D is the
guaranteed number of days
F46 = Transit Days

The answer I am looking for: *if F46 (Transit Days) is greater than the
corresponding number of days in the VLOOKUP, the answer should be No.
Otherwise, the answer should be Yes.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, Teri - thanks for feeding back.

Pete