Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count number of childre between ages 0-5,6-10, 11-15

I need a formula that will help me count the number of children who are 0-5
years old and 6-10 years old ect.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jessica,

2 options. Bring them round to my office and we'll count them together or
explain the data layout in your worksheet:)

Mike

"Jessica" wrote:

I need a formula that will help me count the number of children who are 0-5
years old and 6-10 years old ect.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you have a list of the children in one column and there ages in
another

A1 Jessica Lang B1 7
A 2 Bonnie Lang B2 11
Ac Joan Rivers B3 4

IN a Suitable Cell D1 =Countif(B1:b3,<5) will give you under 5
"Jessica" wrote: =Countif(B1:b3,<5)-D1 WILL GIVE YOU UNDER 10

I need a formula that will help me count the number of children who are 0-5
years old and 6-10 years old ect.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stew: I think your second formula should be =CountIf(B1:B3, <10)-D1
Jessica: If your spreadsheet contains dates of birth rather than ages in
Col. B (which it should, so you don't have to update at each client's
birthday), then calculate age as follows: =DATEDIF(B1, TODAY(), "Y")
--
TedMi