Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default subtotal blank cells

I am wanting to count blank cells when using filters. I have tried
=subtotal(9,=countblank(A1:A500)) but it will not accept this formula.

Is there anyway I can do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fill a helper column with 1 in every cell, and then you can use this
as a count:

=SUBTOTAL(9,helper_range)

This will give you the count of the filtered (visible) items.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 18, 11:24*am, The Rook
wrote:
I am wanting to count blank cells when *using filters. *I have tried
=subtotal(9,=countblank(A1:A500)) but it will not accept this formula..

Is there anyway I can do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why use the subtotal function?

Wouldn't =COUNTIF(A1:A500,"") do the same thing?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP