Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ML ML is offline

Default CALCULATION BASED ON DATE RANGE

I have a very a spreasheet data that looked like this...

Date Dept Q1 Q2 Q3
9/1/08 921 y n y
9/1/08 922 y y y
9/2/08 921 y y n
9/5/08 922 n n y

Right now I'm pulling the report by dept for all "y." If I want to pull the
same report but I want to pull it by specific dates (start and end date), how
do I do that? Help!

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the data table or at least have one of the cells in the table
selected, then:

Data Tab, Filter in the Sort & Filter Group, Click on the drop-down that
shows up next to data and Select "Text Filter", then "Custom Filter". From
here you should be able to select greater than and less than.

I hope this helps.

"ml" wrote:

I have a very a spreasheet data that looked like this...

Date Dept Q1 Q2 Q3
9/1/08 921 y n y
9/1/08 922 y y y
9/2/08 921 y y n
9/5/08 922 n n y

Right now I'm pulling the report by dept for all "y." If I want to pull the
same report but I want to pull it by specific dates (start and end date), how
do I do that? Help!

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ML ML is offline

Thanks Brad for your assistance, but this is not what I'm looking for. I
guess I need to be a little specific. The table showed is "raw data." I
have another sheet called Summary that I'm pulling off from this "raw data"
to calculate my percent of "y" for Q1, Q2, Q3, ect., for each dept using Sum
Product. This is working out fine until now my boss wanted to see the data
reported by weekly. So, what I want to do is to be able pull up report,
enter the date range, and the report that I created in the Summary sheet will
only pull my total for that specified range. I hope this is not too
confusing. Help!

Thanks

"ml" wrote:

I have a very a spreasheet data that looked like this...

Date Dept Q1 Q2 Q3