Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SORT a column of Texts to follow another "EXACT" order

A B
KC BALT
DET TEN
NE WASH
PHI PIT
OAK STL
PIT KC
TEN NE
WASH OAK
BALT DET
STL PHI

There we have it: The same 10 names in column A appear in column B!

HOW CAN I REARRANGE COLUMN B TO EXACTLY DUPLICATE THE ORDER THAT COLUMN A IS
IN?

THANKS,

flkulchar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can import the list with correct sort order, assume the list is in
A1:A10, select
A1:A10, do toolsoptionscustom lists, it should be select then just click
import

Now select the other list, do datasort and click the options button, from
the dropdown select the list you imported
and click OK twice

Peo Sjoblom

"F. Lawrence Kulchar" wrote in
message ...
A B
KC BALT
DET TEN
NE WASH
PHI PIT
OAK STL
PIT KC
TEN NE
WASH OAK
BALT DET
STL PHI

There we have it: The same 10 names in column A appear in column B!

HOW CAN I REARRANGE COLUMN B TO EXACTLY DUPLICATE THE ORDER THAT COLUMN A
IS
IN?

THANKS,

flkulchar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could use a formula:

=A1
and drag down to B10.

But I don't understand what you're really doing.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I click my 2nd list...datasort, I get a question to expand the current
selection;

whether I click expand or not, I cannot see where the list I inported is
found?

Please help. Thanks,

FLKULCHAR

--
Francis L. Kulchar
"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you thought of copying column A and pasting over column B?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP