Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto fit to content

Is there a way of setting up your worksheet so that the cells expand
automatically to fit the content
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try,

Format|Cells|Alignment tab
select shrink to fit

Mike

"Shazza" wrote:

Is there a way of setting up your worksheet so that the cells expand
automatically to fit the content
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This just makes my data unreadable, I wanted it to automatically expand as i
typed into the cell. I assume the answer is no as i have tried jsut about
everything that i can think of :(
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie

"Mike H" wrote:

Try,

Format|Cells|Alignment tab
select shrink to fit

Mike

"Shazza" wrote:

Is there a way of setting up your worksheet so that the cells expand
automatically to fit the content
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FormatColumnAutofit or FormatRowAutofit and FornatCellsAlignmentWrap
Text.

Will not expand as you type, only after you hit Enter or Tab or arrow out of
the cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP