Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default changing table cells colours using a master table

master jan feb
1 yellow
2 yellow yellow

company 1 jan feb company 2 jan feb
1 ** 1 **
2 ** ** 2 ** **

I have a set of tables like this. When I colour the master tables cells in
yellow I want the other corresponding cells with jan and feb in the row to
also turn yellow (**). Is there a way to do this?

Please note that the cells with (**) also have data in them which I need to
keep.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Can you use "Conditional Formatting" (limit 3 color patterns in addition to
the present cell color) ... Instead of trying to match Cell Pattern perhaps
you can conditional format based on cell contents. How many conditions do
you need???

Select Format ... Conditional Formatting ... & go from there ...

HTH ... Kha

"laandmc" wrote:

master jan feb
1 yellow
2 yellow yellow

company 1 jan feb company 2 jan feb
1 ** 1 **
2 ** ** 2 ** **

I have a set of tables like this. When I colour the master tables cells in
yellow I want the other corresponding cells with jan and feb in the row to
also turn yellow (**). Is there a way to do this?

Please note that the cells with (**) also have data in them which I need to
keep.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Changing colors in a cell does not trigger any sort of trappable event that
could be used to color other cells.

You can use Conditional Formatting to change colors based upon values in
other cells, but that would not help you with your requirements.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP