Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default STOP Auto Calculate

is there a way to STOP this blasted thing for Auto Cal till i am ready
i make 1 small change and have to wait ages before i can continue...

PLEASE SOMEBODY
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

toolsoptionscalculation set to manual

Peo Sjoblom

"EngelseBoer" wrote in message
is there a way to STOP this blasted thing for Auto Cal till i am ready
i make 1 small change and have to wait ages before i can continue...

PLEASE SOMEBODY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can turn it off; the exact steps depend on which version of Excel you're
using.
In 2007, click the Office Button, then Excel Options and Formulas.
In earlier versions, I think it's Tools, Options, Calculation...
In either case, you'll then select 'Manual'.
Then change it back when you're done, or just hit 'F9' to recalc while
you're working.

"EngelseBoer" wrote:

is there a way to STOP this blasted thing for Auto Cal till i am ready
i make 1 small change and have to wait ages before i can continue...

PLEASE SOMEBODY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Can you tell me how can I set it to "Manual" Calc setting by default when I
open Excel and Book1?
Thanks in advance.

"EngelseBoer" wrote:

thanks