Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getting #DIV/O. Can't find a solution

The following formula is returning a #DIV/0 error

=TEXT(ROUND(J37/C37,1),"0.0")&" : 1"

I have tried to use an "IF" formula on it but to no avail. I think it might
be that i am not putting the "IF" formula in the wrong place.

It also appears later in the speadsheet here is the formula for that:

=TEXT(ROUND(J46/C46,1),"0.0")&" : 1"

I am thinking that the same solution will work on the both formulas.

Sorry for sounding really dumb but not used the "IF" formula very much!

Any help appreciated
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Just do a test if C37 <0

=IF(C37<0,TEXT(ROUND(J37/C37,1),"0.0")&" : 1","")

=IF(C46<0,TEXT(ROUND(J46/C46,1),"0.0")&" : 1","")

Mike

"Dobbin0_4" wrote:

The following formula is returning a #DIV/0 error

=TEXT(ROUND(J37/C37,1),"0.0")&" : 1"

I have tried to use an "IF" formula on it but to no avail. I think it might
be that i am not putting the "IF" formula in the wrong place.

It also appears later in the speadsheet here is the formula for that:

=TEXT(ROUND(J46/C46,1),"0.0")&" : 1"

I am thinking that the same solution will work on the both formulas.

Sorry for sounding really dumb but not used the "IF" formula very much!

Any help appreciated
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll get the #DIV/0! error only when C37 is empty or 0.

What do you want to happen when this is the case?

This will leave the cell blank:

=IF(C37=0,"",TEXT(ROUND(J37/C37,1),"0.0")&" : 1")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dobbin0_4" wrote in message
The following formula is returning a #DIV/0 error

=TEXT(ROUND(J37/C37,1),"0.0")&" : 1"

I have tried to use an "IF" formula on it but to no avail. I think it
might
be that i am not putting the "IF" formula in the wrong place.

It also appears later in the speadsheet here is the formula for that:

=TEXT(ROUND(J46/C46,1),"0.0")&" : 1"

I am thinking that the same solution will work on the both formulas.

Sorry for sounding really dumb but not used the "IF" formula very much!

Any help appreciated
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks very much after looking at your reply i realised i had (kind of)
solved the problem myself. But lack of experience caused me to put and ")"
after
=IF(C37=0,"", So it looked like =IF(C37=0,"",)TEXT(ROUNDetc