Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

Default Excel Windowing

When opening multiple spreadsheets using Excel 2007, how do you configure the
environment to open subsequent spreadsheets each within a seperate Excel
window/instance? Right now everything opens inside a single Excel window.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want the workbooks to show up as separate tabs on the taskbar, go to
the Office button at the top left, choose Excel options, Advanced, and under
Display check Show all windows in taskbar

"Tom" wrote:

When opening multiple spreadsheets using Excel 2007, how do you configure the
environment to open subsequent spreadsheets each within a seperate Excel
window/instance? Right now everything opens inside a single Excel window.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

Thanks for the reply. I do have that variable set. I have a multi-monitor
setup and like the ability to drag an Excel window from one monitor to
another without having to enlarge Excel to span multiple monitors. Was able
to do it under 2003 but haven't been able to do it with 2007.

"Tom" wrote:

When opening multiple spreadsheets using Excel 2007, how do you configure the
environment to open subsequent spreadsheets each within a seperate Excel
window/instance? Right now everything opens inside a single Excel window.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tom,

That seems to be a big unknown with 2007 and Vista, I also was running
multiple instances of Excel on one (and more) monitors as I also don't like
to stretch my Excel screen (prefer my Desktop for the workbooks window). let
me know if you have figured out how to do it, meanwhile I will (have to) open
Excel2007 each time for each work book.....

Frank

"Tom" wrote:

When opening multiple spreadsheets using Excel 2007, how do you configure the
environment to open subsequent spreadsheets each within a seperate Excel
window/instance? Right now everything opens inside a single Excel window.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline

Dear Microsoft,

It's called Windows. Note the s at the end, which signifies plurality.
Screwing us down to one window is not what Windows (again, note the s) users
want. I.E. tabs are stupid for the same reason. I paid for Windows, plural,
and I want windows, plural, in Excel!

Sick and tired of being screwed down,