Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing Data

What formula should I use to change some initials into names?
For example DS to become Dave Smith?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use VLOOKUP(). See:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200804

"Eán" wrote:

What formula should I use to change some initials into names?
For example DS to become Dave Smith?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have a table in sheet say Fullnames, e.g like this
A B
DS Dave Smith
etc.

then you can use =VLOOKUP("DS",Fullnames!A:B;2;False) to return "Dave Smith".

Insted of "DS" you can use cell reference, e.g. C2 containing initials.

Regards,
Stefi

Eán ezt *rta:

What formula should I use to change some initials into names?
For example DS to become Dave Smith?

Pls need help with changing data TotallyConfused Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 10th 06 05:57 PM
Retaining data permanently from periodic changing data in workshe. Exel User Excel Worksheet Functions 1 March 6th 06 02:22 AM
changing data Kozzy New Users to Excel 2 September 8th 05 04:38 PM
Changing data within one row timmyg Excel Worksheet Functions 5 August 30th 05 04:01 PM
changing data danzelindistress Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 21st 05 10:18 AM