Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel help for hidden columns

I have pricing data for multiple columns, I hide some of the columns so the
multipliers are hidden and send the spreadsheet to co-workers so they can
have a price sheet after the markup. The problem I have is they can un-hide
the columns revealing the hidden data and they can also click on individual
cells and see my private formulas is there a way to e-mail people my
spreadsheet but not allow them to see the hidden columns or the formulas in
individual cells? HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

protection that can be easily removed
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Also, let's say column C is hidden. Select Columns B through D and
copy/paste to a new worksheet. The hidden data is now visible on the
unprotected sheet.

If the coworkers just need the final numbers, you could copy/paste special
values to a new workbook and send them that.

" wrote:

I have pricing data for multiple columns, I hide some of the columns so the
multipliers are hidden and send the spreadsheet to co-workers so they can
have a price sheet after the markup. The problem I have is they can un-hide
the columns revealing the hidden data and they can also click on individual
cells and see my private formulas is there a way to e-mail people my
spreadsheet but not allow them to see the hidden columns or the formulas in
individual cells? HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I email the worksheet as my email and not as an attachment. The formula and
hidden cells are not shown at all.
--
Mary-Anne in Durban