Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excell will not show the color palete or highlighted colors.

When opening Excell documents the highlighted colors will not come in, Nor
can I high light the cells. Could it be a graphics card issue or an excell
bug?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the sheet you are opening protected. If it is that would explain what is
going on... Tools - Protection - Unprotect Sheet
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"operative Word" wrote:

When opening Excell documents the highlighted colors will not come in, Nor
can I high light the cells. Could it be a graphics card issue or an excell
bug?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim,

Thank you for your post, the document in question is not protected. I
opened another document and the error happens when I open a new sheet as
well, the palete shows but it does not color any of the cells. I can not
channge the color of the text in the cell either.

"operative Word" wrote:

When opening Excell documents the highlighted colors will not come in, Nor
can I high light the cells. Could it be a graphics card issue or an excell
bug?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's a "sorta" bug.

Check this out................

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

As directed, change the High Contrast setting in Windows OS

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP