Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Formatting

I am importing a a date column where the date is formatted 9/09/08 (there is
a space before the first 9). Is there an If/Then macro I can use to update
the cell to the *9/9/2008 type?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jason

Posting a date of 9/09/08 doesn't tell us which 9 is the month and which is
the day. When posting sample dates always use a day greater than 12 to make
it clear.

Also please clarify what is *9/9/2008 type

Mike

"Jason W" wrote:

I am importing a a date column where the date is formatted 9/09/08 (there is
a space before the first 9). Is there an If/Then macro I can use to update
the cell to the *9/9/2008 type?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DataText to ColumnsFixed WidthNextColumn Data FormatDateDMY or MDY and
Finish

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:17:01 -0700, Jason W
wrote:

I am importing a a date column where the date is formatted 9/09/08 (there is
a space before the first 9). Is there an If/Then macro I can use to update
the cell to the *9/9/2008 type?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike to clarify I'm importing text data that is formatted MM/DD/YY. However,
if the month is not a double digit month it comes in with a space before the
month like
" 8/11/08" or " 8/01/08" I would like to throw some VBA code into the
import macro that will update the date to the M/D/YYYY format