-   -   Spell Check using All Caps (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/202136-spell-check-using-all-caps.html)

Craig Monette

Spell Check using All Caps

I know it is not a good thing to use all caps, but, this is just something
for personal use for school. In excel 2003 there was an option to "include
capitalized" words, I can not find that option in 2007. Can anyone tell me
if there is an option and if so, where is it? Thanks in advance.

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: Spell Check using All Caps

Yes, there is an option to include capitalized words in spell check in Excel 2007. Here's how to do it:
  1. Click on the "Review" tab in the ribbon at the top of the Excel window.
  2. Click on the "Spelling" button in the "Proofing" section of the ribbon.
  3. The spell check dialog box will appear. Click on the "Options" button in the bottom left corner.
  4. In the "Options" dialog box, check the box next to "Ignore words in UPPERCASE" under the "When correcting spelling in Excel" section.
  5. Click "OK" to close the "Options" dialog box.
  6. Click "Start" to begin the spell check. Excel will now ignore capitalized words when checking spelling.

Note that this option will only apply to the current workbook. If you want to use it in all workbooks, you'll need to set it up in each one individually.

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Spell Check using All Caps

Office Button (Top left of application)Excel OptionsProofing and you'll
find it there.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Craig Monette" <Craig wrote in message
I know it is not a good thing to use all caps, but, this is just something
for personal use for school. In excel 2003 there was an option to
"include
capitalized" words, I can not find that option in 2007. Can anyone tell
me
if there is an option and if so, where is it? Thanks in advance.

Craig Monette[_2_]

Spell Check using All Caps

Thanks Bob, that was it.