Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PivotTables - Calculations based on generated summary data

I have a table with the following fields:

GroupName
Market
Sales

I'm trying to generate a Report that looks like this:

Code:

Market Quotes Purchases QuotesClosed%
Las Vegas 50 5 10%
Miami 100 20 20%
NY 500 200 40%

The Pivot Table I have generates the number of Quotes by a count of
GroupNames. Purchases is generated by a count of Sales. I can get that to
show up how I want it to but haven't been able to figure out how to calculate
the QuotesClosed%.

To generate the PivotTable I have Market dragged to the Row Labels box,
CountOfSales and CountOf. I have Values in ColumnLabels box. My first thought
was a calculated field with CountA(Sales)/CountA(GroupName) but that isn't
working.

Any suggestions on how to create the Closed% field in the PivotTable?

Thanks,

JG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In pivot table u have two drop down buttons, select that button

go to insert | rows (columns option is been greyed out ) | name ( type
what u want ) | add | ok

On Sep 11, 12:26*am, John Gibson
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure I understand what drop down buttons you are reffering to. I
have the filters buttons in the column/row headings. I don't see any options
to add rows from there. Where should I be looking for the dropdowns?

Thanks,

JG