Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Moving decimal point

Useing Excel 2007

Can anyone tell me what formula I would use to move the decimal point form
this 0.1806 to 18.06

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In B1 enter:
=100*A1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200803
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this value, after the decimal point is moved, a percentage? If so, and if
you don't mind seeing the percent sign attached to the number, you can use
Format/Cells from the Excel menu bar, click the Number tab, and select
Percentage from the Category list (also you can set the number of decimal
places to show) to format your number as a percentage (the cell's actual
value will still be the decimal number that was inputted).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)