Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Selection

For some reason every time I click on a cell it selects three total cells
together: the one I meant to select plus the two directly below it. Does
anybody know why this is happening? Or better yet, how can I fix it to
select only one cell at a time? When I start a new document it seems to be
fine, and it only occurs after I've been working in a document for a while.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am having the same issue and losing patience- quickly. I have not had this
issue in the past and have only encountered in the past couple of days. I can
sometimes get it out of that "3 cell selection mode" by randomly clicking
around the worksheet or closing the document...SOMETIMES. Any insight would
be GREATLY appreciated.

"herbyd" wrote:

For some reason every time I click on a cell it selects three total cells
together: the one I meant to select plus the two directly below it. Does
anybody know why this is happening? Or better yet, how can I fix it to
select only one cell at a time? When I start a new document it seems to be
fine, and it only occurs after I've been working in a document for a while.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does it look like one large cells?

If yes, then the 3 cells are merged.

Rightclick on one of them
Format Cells|alignment tab|uncheck the Merge

If it looks like 3 separate cells, try hitting the F8 key. Then select the
range again.

F8 is the Extend the selection button.

--

Dave Peterson