Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Consecituve Numbering

How can I in Excel enter in a column consecutive numbers like 1 to 50
without having to enter in each cell separately?
Sol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way.

Put a 1 in a1
select A1 - A50
then
Edit|Fill| and select "series"
click OK

Mike

"S1L1Y1" wrote:

How can I in Excel enter in a column consecutive numbers like 1 to 50
without having to enter in each cell separately?
Sol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
use the fill option.
2 ways.
in a1 enter 1
in a2 enter 2
in a3 enter 3
highlight A1:A3
in the lower right of the outline of the highlighted cells is a small square.
roll your mouse over it. the mouse pointer will change to a small plus.
click and drag down to A50.
other way.
in a1 enter 1
in a2 enter 2
2003 on the menu bar....
editfileseriescolumnlinearstep value = 1ok

regards
FSt1

"S1L1Y1" wrote:

How can I in Excel enter in a column consecutive numbers like 1 to 50
without having to enter in each cell separately?
Sol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am trying to do similiar function, but need to keep assigning each row a
number 1-5, until end of list. In this case, the numbering starts in A1 and
ends in A35000 - each row/cell will have a numeric value assigned of 1-5.

This seems like it should be so simple. i have tried edit/fill/series then
entered 1 for step and 5 for stop, but it only fills in the first five cells
1 through 5 and does not continue filling in even if i have the cells
selected.

How do i repeate the sequence of numbering 1 - 5 until end? Thanks!!!
A1 1 (starting number)
A2 2
A3 3
A4 4
A5 5 (ending number)
A6 1 -Starts over again with 1
A7 2
A8 3
A9 4
A10 5
A11 1 SERIES STARTS AGAIN WITH 1 AND GOES TO 5
A12 2
A13 3
A14 4
A15 5 "
A16 1 - SERIES STARTS AGAIN TO 5

One way.

Put a 1 in a1
select A1 - A50
then
Edit|Fill| and select "series"
click OK

Mike

"S1L1Y1" wrote:

How can I in Excel enter in a column consecutive numbers like 1 to 50
without having to enter in each cell separately?
Sol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try entering in your first cell