Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a macro so when I click the icon, the response is the A1 ce

I want to create a macro in Excel 2007, so when I click the icon that I
create, the macro runs and goes to the A1 cell.
I had this macro for Excel 2003, which starts in a Personal.xls sheet, and
works in any spreadsheet that I open up. I am trying to do the same in Excel
2007, and having a great deal of difficulty in doing so.
I will probably need start to finish instructions for this, or a link of
some sort where it does this in detail. I've spent almost a day in trying to
do this.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

Code looks like this

Application.Goto Range("A1"), True

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote in message
I want to create a macro in Excel 2007, so when I click the icon that I
create, the macro runs and goes to the A1 cell.
I had this macro for Excel 2003, which starts in a Personal.xls sheet, and
works in any spreadsheet that I open up. I am trying to do the same in Excel
2007, and having a great deal of difficulty in doing so.
I will probably need start to finish instructions for this, or a link of
some sort where it does this in detail. I've spent almost a day in trying to
do this.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a macro so when I click the icon, the response is the A

Hi Ron.

I was sent this on an earlier post, but for some reason, I am unable to
achieve the results that I am looking for. I think I need to start all over
again, and read your attachment right from start to finish.

Thanks for your reply,
Michael

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

Code looks like this

Application.Goto Range("A1"), True

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote in message
I want to create a macro in Excel 2007, so when I click the icon that I
create, the macro runs and goes to the A1 cell.
I had this macro for Excel 2003, which starts in a Personal.xls sheet, and
works in any spreadsheet that I open up. I am trying to do the same in Excel
2007, and having a great deal of difficulty in doing so.
I will probably need start to finish instructions for this, or a link of
some sort where it does this in detail. I've spent almost a day in trying to
do this.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you open the VBA edito with Alt F11
Do you see your personal file ?

Is it named personal.xls ?

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

Code looks like this

Application.Goto Range("A1"), True

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote in message
I want to create a macro in Excel 2007, so when I click the icon that I
create, the macro runs and goes to the A1 cell.
I had this macro for Excel 2003, which starts in a Personal.xls sheet, and
works in any spreadsheet that I open up. I am trying to do the same in Excel
2007, and having a great deal of difficulty in doing so.
I will probably need start to finish instructions for this, or a link of
some sort where it does this in detail. I've spent almost a day in trying to
do this.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I saw it, but it got all messed up with the Book1 spreadsheet that I started
with (which was wrong, I realize that now).
To properly start, I should open Excel, and save as Personal.xlsb in my
XLSTART folder, right?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

Code looks like this

Application.Goto Range("A1"), True

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote in message
I want to create a macro in Excel 2007, so when I click the icon that I
create, the macro runs and goes to the A1 cell.
I had this macro for Excel 2003, which starts in a Personal.xls sheet, and
works in any spreadsheet that I open up. I am trying to do the same in Excel
2007, and having a great deal of difficulty in doing so.
I will probably need start to finish instructions for this, or a link of
some sort where it does this in detail. I've spent almost a day in trying to
do this.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Close Excel
Remove the personal file out your Xlstart folder

And create a new one with the info from my page or
add your old personal file from 2003 in xlstart

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

Code looks like this

Application.Goto Range("A1"), True

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote in message
I want to create a macro in Excel 2007, so when I click the icon that I
create, the macro runs and goes to the A1 cell.
I had this macro for Excel 2003, which starts in a Personal.xls sheet, and
works in any spreadsheet that I open up. I am trying to do the same in Excel
2007, and having a great deal of difficulty in doing so.
I will probably need start to finish instructions for this, or a link of
some sort where it does this in detail. I've spent almost a day in trying to
do this.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did clear it out.
The old one was "lost" with the new software upgrade.
This is what is compounding my problem.
I thought I was smart enough to know Excel, but I guess not.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

Code looks like this

Application.Goto Range("A1"), True

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote in message
I want to create a macro in Excel 2007, so when I click the icon that I
create, the macro runs and goes to the A1 cell.
I had this macro for Excel 2003, which starts in a Personal.xls sheet, and
works in any spreadsheet that I open up. I am trying to do the same in Excel
2007, and having a great deal of difficulty in doing so.
I will probably need start to finish instructions for this, or a link of
some sort where it does this in detail. I've spent almost a day in trying to
do this.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you create the file yourself be sure it is hidden.
Copy the macro in the file and you can run it with alt-F8

Maybe you like this add-in for Excel 2007
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

Code looks like this

Application.Goto Range("A1"), True

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Winnipeg Michael" wrote in message
I want to create a macro in Excel 2007, so when I click the icon that I
create, the macro runs and goes to the A1 cell.
I had this macro for Excel 2003, which starts in a Personal.xls sheet, and
works in any spreadsheet that I open up. I am trying to do the same in Excel
2007, and having a great deal of difficulty in doing so.
I will probably need start to finish instructions for this, or a link of
some sort where it does this in detail. I've spent almost a day in trying to
do this.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your help Ron.

I did find this: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
and it made it clearer to perform the macros I wanted.

But thanks for your help.