Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default linking photo to cell?

I'm new!

I have a spreadsheet listing information on cemetery plots (name, plot
location, DOD...). I need to add a cell that when clicked opens a photo of
the headstone.

I was able to do it with the hyperlink function, but of course, if I email
the spreadsheet (which I need to do) no one can access the photos because
they're on my hard drive... Do I have to send out 2 separate files for this
to work?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can add a picture to a cell comment. Try this site to step by step
instructions:

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture

"kixy1" wrote:

I'm new!

I have a spreadsheet listing information on cemetery plots (name, plot
location, DOD...). I need to add a cell that when clicked opens a photo of
the headstone.

I was able to do it with the hyperlink function, but of course, if I email
the spreadsheet (which I need to do) no one can access the photos because
they're on my hard drive... Do I have to send out 2 separate files for this
to work?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See John McGimpsey's site for instructions and a sample workbook using DV
list, VLOOKUP and some pictures saved within the workbook.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP