Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GR GR is offline

Default Save workbook every 5 minutes in Excel 2007

What I would like to do should be very simple. I have a workbook that I have
open all day, and I want to have it automatically saved every 5 minutes. Each
time it should overwrite the exisitng version of the file and I don't want
any popups asking if I want to save.

I have searched previous postings on this topic and it seemed like there was
a simple answer in past versions of Excel, but not with Excel 2007. Thank-you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GR GR is offline

Thanks for the link but I would rather not sign up for a free trial to this
website (giving up my credit card info in the process) just to get the anwer
to one simple question.

GR wrote:
What I would like to do should be very simple. I have a workbook that I have
open all day, and I want to have it automatically saved every 5 minutes. Each
time it should overwrite the exisitng version of the file and I don't want
any popups asking if I want to save.

I have searched previous postings on this topic and it seemed like there was
a simple answer in past versions of Excel, but not with Excel 2007. Thank-you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Interesting, it shows up fine coming from Google( hit the 4th link from
the search below) and then scroll 2/3's of the way down the page that loads

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...te s&aq=f&oq=

GR wrote:

What I would like to do should be very simple. I have a workbook that I have
open all day, and I want to have it automatically saved every 5 minutes. Each
time it should overwrite the exisitng version of the file and I don't want
any popups asking if I want to save.

I have searched previous postings on this topic and it seemed like there was
a simple answer in past versions of Excel, but not with Excel 2007. Thank-you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Most welcome, have a great day.

GR wrote:

Thanks - that works great.