Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Repeating information throughout a worksheet

I have a worksheet that will grow extensively and I would like all the
formatting, formulas and data validation to repeat from page to page
throughout the worksheet. I have already frozen panes so that the top rows
repeat. I now need the major formatting to repeat from page to page. I used
to know how to do it but it's been a while and I did it in Office 2003. It's
been a while too. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kimmie,

Select all the sheet tabs for the sheets you want to add formulas and
formatting to. While you are in this mode, Group Mode, anything you do to
one sheet is done to all the sheets.

Remember to brake the selection when you don't want the same treatment on
the sheets.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP

"kimmie" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that will grow extensively and I would like all the
formatting, formulas and data validation to repeat from page to page
throughout the worksheet. I have already frozen panes so that the top rows
repeat. I now need the major formatting to repeat from page to page. I
used
to know how to do it but it's been a while and I did it in Office 2003.
It's
been a while too. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your help. But I am actually not creating multiple sheets at
this time. This is information that needs to flow repeatedly from page to
page within the same sheet. All of the cells will remain the same from page
to page. Since I don't know how many pages there will be, I just want it to
repeat all formulas, etc at the start of each new page. Your input on that is
greatly appreciated.

"kimmie" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that will grow extensively and I would like all the
formatting, formulas and data validation to repeat from page to page
throughout the worksheet. I have already frozen panes so that the top rows
repeat. I now need the major formatting to repeat from page to page. I
used
to know how to do it but it's been a while and I did it in Office 2003.
It's
been a while too. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would think the number of pages on a sheet would be dependent upon how
many times you repeat the same block of cells.

Repeat it once, you have 2 pages....twice you have 3 pages

So.........the number of pages is up to you.

Or do you have some other way of determining the number of pages to repeat?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"kimmie" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that will grow extensively and I would like all the
formatting, formulas and data validation to repeat from page to page
throughout the worksheet. I have already frozen panes so that the top rows
repeat. I now need the major formatting to repeat from page to page. I
used
to know how to do it but it's been a while and I did it in Office 2003.
It's
been a while too. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not sure anyone is understanding what I am asking. I don't know the
number of pages because I don't know the number of cells because this
spreadsheet will be used for years to come, thus growing to an unlimited
number of pages. I just want the cells to repeat coninually from page to page
to page with the same formatting, formulas and data validation. I don't want
to have to have the user to update every page as a new one is created. I want
excel to do it for me. Nothing I have done has worked yet when it hits a new
page.