Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is there a way for excel to see if a date is in a specified range?

Hi all, I'm trying to figure this one out.. I'm sure its possible, but we'll
see.

I'm trying to find out how I can have it to where it'll read a date in a
column, and if its between 2 dates, it'll populate two different results.

For example, the date I enter is 3/15/08. I want it to be able to check to
see if the date is between 3/1/08 and 4/1/08, if it is, it'll populate in a
cell the word "Redet" if the values are true, and "App" if the values are
false.

Reason is, I work with medicaid and am trying to generate a calculator to
help employees determine whether programs are timely renewals are not.

My second part of this question, is if I add an activex object like a radio
button, Is there a way to make it so when a radio button is selected, it'll
read a certain range of dates? I plan on doing 12 radio buttons, (one for
each month of course) with different date ranges.. Thanks for your help guys.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For your first problme -
You need to enter a formula like;
=IF (AND(C1A1, C1<B1),"Redet","App") where you have the date to compare in
C1, lower range in A1 and upper range in B1.