Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula question

in A2 in Financials worksheet I have the following formula

=INDIRECT("'Merchandise'!"&ADDRESS(70,(COLUMN()))) . THIS DIRECTS ME TO
$A$470 on The merchandise worksheet

IN A18,
A34,
A50 REPEATING in Financials worksheet I need to have a formula that
takes me to
$A$150
$A$230
$A$310

CAN I MODIFY THE ABOVE FORMULA TO INCREASE IN AMOUNTS OF 80 OR DO i START
AGAIN

Help and thanks for your time

Stew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 07:33:00 -0700, stew
wrote:

in A2 in Financials worksheet I have the following formula

=INDIRECT("'Merchandise'!"&ADDRESS(70,(COLUMN())) ). THIS DIRECTS ME TO
$A$470 on The merchandise worksheet

IN A18,
A34,
A50 REPEATING in Financials worksheet I need to have a formula that
takes me to
$A$150
$A$230
$A$310

CAN I MODIFY THE ABOVE FORMULA TO INCREASE IN AMOUNTS OF 80 OR DO i START
AGAIN

Help and thanks for your time

Stew

Assuming the $A$470 is just a mistype for $A$70.
Replace the 70 in your formula with 60+5*ROW()
Then, when you copy the formula to the mentioned rows, the references
will be as stated above.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes it was a MisType and yes it works

Thank you for your time

Stewart

wrote:

in A2 in Financials worksheet I have the following formula

=INDIRECT("'Merchandise'!"&ADDRESS(70,(COLUMN())) ). THIS DIRECTS ME TO
$A$470 on The merchandise worksheet

IN A18,
A34,
A50 REPEATING in Financials worksheet I need to have a formula that
takes me to
$A$150
$A$230
$A$310

CAN I MODIFY THE ABOVE FORMULA TO INCREASE IN AMOUNTS OF 80 OR DO i START
AGAIN

Help and thanks for your time

Stew

Assuming the $A$470 is just a mistype for $A$70.
Replace the 70 in your formula with 60+5*ROW()
Then, when you copy the formula to the mentioned rows, the references
will be as stated above.

Hope this helps / Lars-Ã…ke