David#

Default linking to .mdb table

Can I create a new Excel spreadsheet linked to an existing Access table.
Creating an access table linked to an existing .xls is not an option in this
case. The .xls would preferably be "read-only" but that isn't TOO critical
an issue. (Will be resolved in Apr '05 when we can buy more ACCESS licenses,
but budgetary restraints in place now)

Only option I've seen is to Drag the required Access tables into .xls then
create new access tables linked to XL tables... there MUST be a better way!!!
Thanx - David

David#

I don't see that option... we have office 2000... under"Get External Data"
menu, I have 3 Query options plus option to import a .txt file. The "run
Database Query" isn't getting me where i need to be.