-   -   formatting problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/201397-formatting-problems.html)

swell estimator[_2_]

formatting problems

for years I've struggled using trial and error to correct the scrambled
formats that occur in xls worksheets. You know what I mean: the page size
changes, there's only a couple of lines of one page, 5 pps goes to 15 pps and
so forth. The only thing I know to do is go into page break view and pull
the lines around to bring the number of pps down. It can be a tedious and
time consuming chore. There must be a better way, isn't there?

Pete_UK

formatting problems

Under File | Page Setup | Page tab, you can select Fit To, and then
decide how many pages wide and/or how many pages deep you want the
output to occupy - Excel will automatically shrink the output to suit.

But printing can be a bit hit-and-miss - use Print Preview first to
avoid wasting paper.

Hope this helps.

Pete