Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default repeating function q

I have a column of data where I need to select a group of X number of cells
each time and obtain an average. When I copy the formula down it only copies
the formula with one additional space down, but I want it to jump over the
cells that have already been averaged. Example formuala is: Average(B1:B5),
when copied down it goes (B2:B6), but I want (B6:10). Im sure this is easy
but I dont know the shortcut.